Say Goodbye To Shaving, Waxing, and Tweezing ... FOR GOOD!
Laser hair removal has provided an effective solution for millions of people looking to rid themselves of unwanted facial and body hair.
Affordable permanent hair reduction with comfort, safety and speed.
Frustrated by unwanted hair?
StarLux® Pulsed Light and Laser System removes unwanted hair from the fairest to the darkest (including tanned) skin.
LONG LASTING RESULTS
Pulsed-light systems work by emitting pulses of intense lamp light into the hair follicles. The light is absorbed by the pigment in the follicles and converted to heat. The heat then loosens the hair and disables the cells responsible for growing new hair.
The Palomar Pulsed Light Systems feature multiple hand pieces for a variety of treatment options, such as permanent hair reduction on all skin types.
Comfortable Hair Management Traditional waxing and threading treatments, which essentially rip the hair from the skin, can be quite painful. Most people, however, find Palomar Pulsed Light treatments to be significantly more comfortable. In addition, since the pulses of light penetrate the skin, you do not need to let your hair grow out before you are treated. With pulsed light treatments, you can remain virtually hair-free all the time!
All hair colours except for white, and virtually all areas but around the eyes can be effectively treated.
FINALLY, A SAFE, COMFORTABLE, LONG LASTING SOLUTION!
Pre-treatment Hair Removal
• Discontinue sun tanning and the use of tanning beds and self-tanning cream 4 weeks before and throughout the treatment course. This will reduce the risk of bums, branding, hyper- pigmentation or other complications. Always use a SPF-30 or greater sunscreen on all exposed treatment areas and re-apply every 2 hours throughout the day. Wear protective, light- occluding hats and clothing.
• The treatment area should be shaved or closely clipped before each treatment.
• Refrain from tweezing, waxing, sugaring, electrolysis or other epilating methods including Nair/Neet for at least 4 weeks prior to treatment and for the duration of treatments.
• Refrain from Bleaching 2 weeks prior to and during treatment course. If you have a history of herpes outbreaks in the area of treatment you should consult your Primary Care Provider for medical evaluation and possible prophylaxis prior to treatment.
• No local anesthetic or EMLA cream is necessary
(On average, it takes a minimum of 5-8 treatments for 90% permanent hair reduction. However, blonde, red and hormonal hair may take twice as many treatments)
Post Treatment Hair Removal
• Appearance of hair growth or stubble will continue for 7-30 days post treatment. This is not new hair growth, but the treated hairs being expelled from the skin. It may also appear darker and coarser due to singeing.
• Subsequent hair growth should become less and finer in texture.
• Occasionally, there is a risk of paradoxical effect resulting from the activation of dormant hair follicles in untreated areas close to the hirsute treated area. Usually this can be successfully treated.
• It takes a minimum of 5-10 treatments for 70% - 90% permanent hair reduction. However, blonde, red and hormonal hair may take twice as many treatments
• Touch up treatments may be required after 1-2 years. Some shaving may still be necessary.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: WHAT BODY AREAS CAN I GET TREATED?
A: Any area, except around the eyes. The underarms, legs, back, bikini line, face, neck, etc., can all be treated ....fast!
Q: WHAT ARE THE TREATMENT SESSIONS LIKE?
A: Quick and easy! After your initial preparation, a wand-like hand piece is moved over your skin. The hand piece emits a light that disables the hair follicles. Most people perceive the light as a gentle "snapping" sensation. Once this is completed, loose hair is removed from your skin, and you're ready to go.
Q:WHAT SHOULD MOST PEOPLE EXPECT AFTER TREATMENT?
A: Most people experience some mild redness and tenderness in the treated area shortly after treatment. This does not interfere with normal activities and usually subsides within a day. In some cases, the redness may last longer, but will still be mild and temporary.
Q: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LASER AND PULSED-LIGHT TREATMENTS?
A: Pulsed-light systems and lasers are very similar and remove hair in basically the same way. However, the Palomar Pulsed Light Systems use a new technology that removes hair up to ten times faster than lasers. As a result, pulsed light treatments can fit even the busiest persons schedule.